Manchester-based Regatta is Britain’s best-loved outdoor clothing and footwear brand and is fast becoming a leading brand across Europe.
Regatta has benefited from over 80 years and three generations of experience in the manufacture of high-quality outdoor clothing. Keith Black and his sister, Joanne, head up the company, following in the footsteps of their father and grandfather who also made outerwear but in different businesses.
Expanding at a rate of 20 per cent per annum, Regatta now export to over 40 countries worldwide and has dedicated sales offices in France, Belgium, Ireland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Poland, Italy, Finland, Czech Republic and Israel. There are also a number of dedicated showrooms across the UK, used to showcase the very latest products.
Regatta, as one of the last family outdoor clothing brands in the country, is hugely proud of its reputation for excellence and employee relations. Many of Regatta’s staff have been with the company for decades and the entire company is dedicated to ensuring that their customers have great-quality gear that doesn’t cost a fortune.
In September 2011, Regatta established a new 400,000 sq ft distribution centre at Pioneer Point, Ellesmere Port. A key development in the Group’s logistics strategy, the new warehouse will provide a stable platform to support the continuing growth of its global business, increasing the Group’s overall capacity to one million square feet. The distribution centre created 200 jobs in the Ellesmere Port area.
To support Regatta’s pick and pack operation at the distribution centre, a large-scale pallet racking installation was required. Three racking specialists were invited to tender, with Link 51 being successful.
As Regatta had signed the lease on the new warehouse on 6 August 2011 and with first products arriving on 21st November, the fit-out schedule was tight. Link 51 worked alongside ECM Contracting and Russells Construction (principal contractors) throughout the installation phase.
- To facilitate an in-rack sprinkler system throughout, Link 51 installed a mixture of wide and VNA Racking, using the single finger build method of installation
- A total of 16 wide aisles were installed, 42 bays in length and complete with bridging bays. The wide aisle installation provided 16,000 pallet locations
- The VNA racking amounted to 10 narrow aisles, 42 bays in length and complete with P&D Stations at both ends of the racks. The VNA installation provided 17,000 pallet locations
By using Link 51, Regatta benefited from:
- UK-based in-house manufacturing capability
- Fully managed marketing-leading storage solutions
- Extensive project management expertise
- Substantial knowledge and experience
- High-quality product range combining strength, durability and operational reliability
“For us this was a massive project and one that had to be delivered on time. We were very pleased with having Link 51 on-board for what was a complex operation with up to 200 contractors on-site during the installation. Not only did Link 51’s project team help us through some testing times during this phase, they were instrumental in ensuring that the installation was delivered on time and against a very tight schedule.”
David Holt, Group Operations Director
For more information on any of the products specified for Regatta please call us on 0800 169 5151.