Does your organisation promote the Government’s cycle to work scheme? Or do you just have a high proportion of staff that choose to bike, walk or run to work in the mornings? Particularly in built-up towns and cities where parking is at a premium and many offices don’t provide car parks, more and more employees are opting to travel to work under their own steam.
Have you considered providing changing rooms and storage for your employees who follow this energetic journey to work option? It’s more cost effective than you may think and there are several benefits for your organisation.
Supporting cycle to work or your employees’ own green initiatives can help meet your company’s environmental policy targets, while creating an enthusiastic and energetic workforce.
We recently worked with Eastleigh Borough Council to install male and female changing rooms at their new town centre, car park-free offices. Since installing the changing facilities it is estimated that between 10-13% of the council’s staff cycle to work, which is well above the national average of 1.9%, and an increase of 51% on the council’s previous survey results.
There are many advantageous of supporting the cycle to work scheme or indeed simply encouraging your staff to cycle, walk or run to work, these include:
- A healthier, more active workforce
- Improved staff productivity
- Better employee morale
- Employer savings on employer NI contributions (up to 13.8%)
- Work towards becoming a green organisation by reducing your carbon footprint
- Reduce staff absences through stress or illness
- Big savings for your staff on biking equipment using the Government’s Cycle to Work funding scheme
- Free administration support to implement the scheme for you at no cost to your company
- An attractive benefit for current and potential employees
We offer a free no obligation site survey and space plan, where a locker expert local to your area will discuss your requirements with you, measure the space available and then design the best storage solution for your needs.
Our full service package also includes:
- Advice and expertise from our 40 years’ experience in the locker industry
- Quality UK manufacturing
- Delivery from our logistics partner
- Excellent customer service support every step of the way
If you would like to know more about providing personal storage and changing room lockers for your staff, please call us on 0800 169 5151.